Parkovaya 64-68, Pushkin,
Saint Petersburg, Russia 196603
Tel.: +7 812 465 2857
• Home RUS
• Genrikh Turner
• About the Centre
• History of the Centre
• Price list for foreign citizens
• Bone Surgery Clinic Department #1
• Spine Surgery and Neurosurgery Clinic Department #2
• Hip Surgery Clinic Department #3
• Foot surgery, Neuroorthopedics and Skeletal Dysplasia Clinic Department #4
• Cerebral Palsy Clinic Department #5
• Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Microsurgery Clinic Department #6
• Trauma Sequela and Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinic Department #7
• Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery Clinic Department #8
• Arthrogryposis Clinic Department #10
• Orthopedic and Trauma Rehabilitation Clinic Department #11
The Institute is located in the most beautiful suburb of St. Petersburg – Pushkin. Palaces and parks are magnificent works of art of the XVII-XIX centuries that created here an inimitable historical and cultural reserve with surprisingly favorable ecology.
G. Turner National Medical Research Center for Pediatric Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery is the largest state clinic in Russia, the main scientific research and treatment and diagnostic center of our country, capable of solving any problems in the field of pediatric orthopedics and traumatology.
‘‘Our Centre can really be considered unique. Recently, we have introduced the latest methods of diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired disorders of the musculoskeletal system, starting from the earliest age. The surgical program of early treatment of children with deep extensive burns is substantiated and actively used. The systems of early conservative treatment of children with congenital clubfoot, with hip dysplasia, starting from the neonatal period, have been created. Constant attention is paid to the development of new diagnostic methods – ultrasonographic (including the stage of prenatal development), endoscopic, computer and magnetic resonance imaging, X-ray densitometry.
The next stage in the development of the Institute was in December 2012 after the ceremonial opening of the Consultative, Diagnostic and Training Center in reconstructed historical building on Lakhtinskaya Street, 10, which can rightly be called the cradle of G. Turner Institute for Pediatric Orthopedics. It was built in 1911-1914 by order of Genrikh Turner under the project of the architect N. Brodovich specially to accommodate the shelter for children with developmental disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Reconstruction of this building with an area of more than 4.6 thousand sq. m. started in June 2010 and was completed in December 2012. The Center is equipped with medical diagnostic facilities that have the characteristics of the latest technical world developments, and robotic simulators for rehabilitation. The Center has all the necessary conditions for the admission, diagnosis and treatment of children with musculoskeletal disorders. Minimally invasive surgical interventions are carried out; a day hospital is open as well.
In total, the institute’s clinic has 500 beds for children with diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system and has 9 specialized surgical departments, a rehabilitation department, a robotic rehabilitation department, an operating unit with an anesthesiology and resuscitation department, laboratory units, accompanying and auxiliary services.
Friendly scientific contacts are actively maintained with foreign countries –Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Austria, the USA, Australia, etc. – in the field of topical issues of pediatric traumatology and orthopedics, joint research is conducted.
I would like to note that the Institute today employs a wonderful team of scientists and doctors who have earned recognition in our country and abroad.»
Alexey Baindurashvili — President of the Centre , Chief pediatric orthopedic and trauma surgeon of St. Petersburg, Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation, MD, PhD, Professor, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.